Find out more about latest offers and features in this Bethard bookmaker review.
Table of Contents
- 1 Bethard Review: Sports and markets available
- 2 FAQ
- 2.1 Why can’t I visit this bookmaker?
- 2.2 Can I use multiple welcome bonuses?
- 2.3 Is there a mobile-specific bonus?
- 2.4 What is the minimum deposit limit?
- 2.5 Can I Cash Out with Bethard?
- 2.6 My game got interrupted while playing. Will my progress be saved?
- 2.7 I can’t close my account. What should I do?
- 2.8 Can I withdraw all my funds at once?
- 3 Bethard Review: Additional Features
- 4 Bethard Review: Lots of hits and misses
Bethard Review: Sports and markets available
Bethard is a relatively young online bookmaker, launching its platform in early 2014. However, this did not deter them from putting up a good fight against the already established elite in the world of online sports betting. They offer more than 30 sports markets and cover all the major events in the world. Of course, European and UK sports, in particular, receive the best coverage. The most popular sports are soccer, tennis, and basketball.
Soccer enthusiasts will be pleased to know that Bethard offers a huge selection of games, events, statistics, and betting options in this market alone. They cover hundreds of matches from top leagues around the world. From English Premier League to La Liga, Bundesliga, Champions and Europa League. It goes even further into depth, with plenty of options for the African Cup of Nations, Copa Libertadores, Asian Cup, and many more.
Sports like rugby, cricket, e-sports, badminton, MMA, and surfing are well-covered during the season. Sadly, North American sports like American football, baseball, and ice hockey receive less attention. However, it has to be said that the big games and events in all of these sports will find their way to the Bethard sportsbook.
Apart from their sportsbook, Bethard offers a really good casino platform with high-quality spinners and games. Their casino features over 200 slot titles, card games, table games, scratch cards, and special games with progressive jackpots. Spinners usually offer special bonuses and features like free spins, multipliers, and VIP rewards. The live casino comes packed with lobbies and rooms for most popular games like poker, roulette, baccarat, blackjack, and other.
A quick search revealed over 30 different variations of roulette alone, which is pretty impressive, considering Bethard focuses on online sports betting. Some of the most popular titles in their casino are Wilderland, Prison Escape, Starburst, Bonanza, Gonzo’s Quest, and many more.
Odds & Limits
Bethard is always trying to attract new customers with its player-friendly odds and prices. This means that punters will find very competitive odds on all major sports and events. The price margin is slightly above the industry standard, but it may fluctuate a lot. A large number of users have complained about the market prices going up and down all the time.
When compared to other online bookmakers, Bethard offers slightly better prices but is more susceptible to market fluctuation. Moreover, less popular sports may never feature these favorable odds. It is important to visit several other bookmakers and compare the prices before placing a bet.
Bethard keeps in line with the industry standard and offers a £1 minimum betting limit. In live in-play, these limits are even lower to allow more freedom in creating bets.
Bethard attracts new customers with a welcome offer, which gives a 100% bonus up to £50 using the bonus code MAXBET. When you register a new account, you have to deposit at least £20 to activate the offer and get the deposit bonus. The bonus amount has to be wagered four times at odds of 1.80 or greater before it could be withdrawn. These requirements must be completed within 60 days of the day bonus is credited to the account.
The welcome offer is available for casino players as well. Once you create an account, deposit at least £20 and get a 100% bonus up to £100. The deposit and the bonus need to be wagered 20 times before a withdrawal is made. Live casino players will get a 100% bonus up to £200 when they deposit at least £20. Bonus and deposit must be wagered 20 times before being withdrawn, with only 20% of the bet value counting towards the wagering requirements.
Promotions for existing players are average at best. There aren’t many available, but at least they are updated regularly. Sadly, apart from the welcome offer and bonus, there is no other promotion for sportsbook. The promotions are:
- £1,000 Race: Play selected table games with minimum £1 stake and get 1 point for every £1 wagered. Top 10 winners on the leaderboard will get £100 bonus.
- Slots Tournament: When you play selected slot games, you will be eligible to get your share of 1,250 wager free spins if you get the highest win on a single game round.
- March Madness: Play selected games and receive 1 raffle ticket for every £20 wagered. Total prize pool of £250,000 is split into 4 prize draws and you will have a chance to win a prize from each draw.
- Drops & Wins: Play selected slots with minimum bet of £0.50 and compete for weekly prize pool and daily cash drops. You can participate in a share of £1,500 over 6 months.
- Quickspin achievements: When you wager real money on selected games, you will progress towards getting achievements. Each achievement has 4 levels and each level has its own set of rewards.
Why can’t I visit this bookmaker?
If you experience trouble visiting this online bookmaker, it may be restricted for your country. Unfortunately, Bethard has a long list of restricted countries where online gambling is illegal. If you are caught gambling from a restricted country, the operator will close your account and confiscate all your funds.
Can I use multiple welcome bonuses?
No. You have to choose one particular welcome bonus and see it through. You cannot use multiple bonuses or share the bonus across different platforms.
Is there a mobile-specific bonus?
Bethard doesn’t offer any mobile-specific bonuses. Instead, you can use the available promotions and offers from their mobile app.
What is the minimum deposit limit?
Minimum deposit limit is capped at £10.
Can I Cash Out with Bethard?
Bethard was one of the last bookmakers to introduce this feature, but it is available now and fully functional on selected games and events.
My game got interrupted while playing. Will my progress be saved?
If this happens, you should log out and refresh your browser. When you log in again and visit the game, your progress should be saved. If there are any additional problems, contact their excellent customer service.
I can’t close my account. What should I do?
At Bethard, you can only close your account if you write to customer service.
Can I withdraw all my funds at once?
You can withdraw smaller amounts at once.
Bethard Review: Additional Features
Bethard offers a well-structured platform with quite an appealing black and yellow color scheme. The colors provide enough contrast for excellent visibility and the user-friendly design will make navigation effortless. All major features are available on the front page and under the main menu bar.
They follow the tried and tested design of having sports at the left-hand side, odds and prices in the middle of the page and bet slip on the right-hand side. There are no annoying banners and ads which could distract you.
Live betting has become essential to all online bookmakers. Bethard offers a solid live betting section with many sports and events. However, they still tend to focus on the most popular ones like soccer, tennis, horse racing, and basketball.
Nevertheless, users can find other sports from time to time and place bets on numerous statistics like the half-time result, next team to score, double chance, number of cards, and many more. The visuals are not on par with other big bookmakers, but offers plenty of information to keep it entertaining and interesting.
Bethard offers a mobile app compatible with iOS and Android devices. It is responsive and works smoothly. The intuitive interface provides quick access to all major features of the sportsbook, like live in-play, banking options, promotions, Cash Out, and customer service.
One app connects all Bethard platforms, so you can quickly transfer over to the casino and play a game or two while you wait for the results. It uses minimum phone resources, so it should be accessible from older devices as well. Like many other operators in the business, Bethard’s app also offers the notification feature which allows you to set the alarm for all ongoing bets and upcoming games of your interest.
- Good odds on soccer market: Bethard offers excellent odds for soccer market, especially the English Premier League. Soccer enthusiasts may find the best odds and prices here.
- Pulse Bet: An innovative feature which allows punters to place an in-play Pulse Bet on a goal to be scored in the next 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes or 10 minutes.
- One app for all platforms: Unlike other bookmakers, Bethard offers one app for all of their platforms which makes it much easier to transfer between different sites.
- Cash Out: Very straightforward feature which allows you to save a bet and withdraw funds before the event is finished.
- Notifications: You can set multiple notifications on your mobile app which will alert you once your bet has settled. It can also serve as a reminder for all upcoming events and games of your interest. The feature is highly customizable.
Pros & Cons
- Large amount of sports markets available
- Quality and helpful customer service
- Great and competitive odds for soccer market
- Good selection of casino games
- Low welcome offer
- Not enough promotions and bonuses for sportsbook
- Payout is slow and done in numerous instalments
- Simple live in-play betting
Bethard Review: Lots of hits and misses
Bethard certainly has lots of hits and misses. It offers over 30 sports markets with numerous games, events, and betting lines. The odds are competitive, especially for the soccer market. The platform and mobile app work smoothly and are easy to use. The intuitive interface allows for quick navigation and access to all of the major features Bethard has to offer. They introduced a cool new concept called Pulse Betting, which brings more dynamic to the table.
Unfortunately, welcome bonuses are low and have absurdly high wagering requirements. They are practically designed, so the money never leaves their bookmaker. Promotions for existing players are average and tied only to their casino platform. There haven’t been any promotions for a sportsbook in a while. Winnings are paid out in installment,s and users often have to wait for several months to get full payment.
In conclusion, Bethard has a lot of positives, but just as many negatives. Overall, it is a trustworthy bookmaker and worth a try. Just don’t hold your hopes high.