William Hill is among the best-known and most popular bookmakers in the UK and globally. For a platform that boasts of several platforms including sports, below is the William Hill sports betting guide;
William Hill Sports Betting Guide: Top Offers to Look For
|William Hill Section||Bonuses for 2020||William Hill Promo Code|
|Sports||£40 free bet||USE SPORTS PROMO CODE|
|Casino||Up to £100||USE CASINOSPORTS PROMO CODE|
|Live Casino||Get Up to £350||USE LIVE PROMO CODE|
|Refer a friend||Bonus details - T&C apply||NONE REQUIRED|
|Poker||Bonus details - T&C apply||USE POKER PROMO CODE|
|Bingo||Bonus details - T&C apply||USE BINGO PROMO CODE|
Table of Contents
William Hill Sports: Tips to Consider
William Hill sportsbook has been largely dealt with on their main website with over 31 different sports offered to players. On a successful William Hill sports login, using the valid William Hill sports promo code, you can access all the sports on the left side of your landing page from the option ‘A-Z’. Among the sports available include;
Still, on William Hill’s sports, you will find out that the platform has offered various markets to choose from and we need to understand some of them. Football, for example, on some top events has had more than 300 markets offered. The popular ones include;
- Match Result – A straight forward bet where you will need to bet on a winner. It’s also called 3-way betting where you will choose to either back the home team to win, a draw between them or back the away team to win.
- Double Chance – This option allows you to choose two out of three possible outcomes. This increases the chances of winning but greatly reduces the odds. The options provided are as follows;
- 1 or X: Your bet wins if the home team wins or draws
- 1 or 2: Your bet wins if either the home team or away team wins
- X or 2: Your bet wins if the away team wins or draws
- Over/Under – This market allows you to bet on the total number of goals to be scored in the game. The popular option is (Ov/Un 2.5) which means that if you pick Over 2.5, the goals scored must be above 3. It doesn’t matter who wins as long as the goals scored on the game are above three. So for scorelines such as 2-1, 3-0, and 1-2, your bet wins. If your pick was Under 2.5, the goals scored in the game must be below 3. This means for scorelines such as 0-0, 0-1, 1-1, and 2-0, you bet wins
- Both Teams to Score (BTTS) – As the name suggests, your bet wins if all the teams score at least one goal. This means there should not be zero (0) in any scoreline on the games. For scorelines such as 1-1, 2-1, 4-4 or 6-1, you will have your returns awarded.
- Total Goals – This market allows you to predict the range of goals to be scored in a game. The common options are; 0-1 goals, 2-3 goals, 4-6 goals, and any other (+6 goals)
- Half-Time/Full-Time – This market allows you to predict half-time results and full-time results correctly. It’s a risky kind of bet but with great value in returns. This market offers nine different options to choose from which include; H/H, H/D, H/A, D/H, D/D, D/A, A/H, A/D, and A/A. Where ‘H’ is Home, ‘D’ is Draw, and ‘A’ is Away
- Asian Handicap – This market is somewhat different in that instead of providing smaller odds, the underdog has a goal handicap placed which the favourite must overcome to win the bet and vice versa
Other markets include Correct Score which is the correct prediction of the final scores, Goalscorer market which is correctly predicting the scorers, Card Market, Corner Market, and more.
William Hill also offers different betting options in many of the sports. The popular betting options/types offered include;
- Parlay Bet – A single bet that has two or more selections. For a return, all the selections made must win
- Straight Bet – The basic bet where a betting line (point spread) will be offered. You can bet on the favourite or underdog. A pick on the favourite to win means that the team has to win more than the point spread. The underdog win will be determined by a loss of less than the point spread or an outright win.
- Futures Bet – This is betting on the ‘future’. For example, betting on who wins the EPL title
- Prop Bet – Betting on an outcome in a game. Such as who will score the first goal? Who will be carded?
- Teaser Bet – You will still group a bet with two or more selections just like in a Parlay bet. However, you are allowed to adjust the point spread to your favour
- Money Line Bet – Making a selection of a team to win straight-up without using point spread.
- Points Spread – Represents a margin of points. The favourite team must cover the spread to win.
How to bet at William Hill
Whether on a desktop or a William Hill mobile sports betting app, the process of placing a bet is quite easy. The following is the step-to-step guide on the same;
- Login to your funded account
- On the left side, click on your desired sport
- Once the events under your sports are listed, select your desired event
- You may decide to select a ‘Home Win’, ‘Draw’ or ‘Away Win’
- If you wish to select other markets, click on the right side of the event on the option with a ‘+’
- Select the market you wish
- After you take your pick, the selection will be added on the ‘Betslip’ which is on the right side
- Add other selections the same way if you wish to
- Enter the amount of stake you wish to put
- Then click on the option ‘Place Bet’
William Hill mobile platform
With the knowledge on the types of bets and the various markets to expect while betting, let’s have a look at the other avenue you can use to bet at William Hill.
William Hill has rolled out a mobile platform in two versions; William Hill mobile site version and William Hill mobile sports betting app. All versions are accessible to both Android and iOS users. The site version can be accessed directly from the phone browsers where after following the link www.williamhill.com, you can access various products including offers provided. An existing player can also take advantage of the William Hill refer a friend sports offer which would see them receive bonuses after a successful referral. The site also provides a link to download the William Hill mobile sports app which is among the most sought-after apps.
Once you download the William Hill sports app, you can go ahead to enjoy the various sports provided on the platform and make your bets the same way as illustrated on this piece. An equal number of markets and betting options have been provided which is positive.
Other services can also be accessed on the app including payment transactions, contacting customer support, among others.
Final Thoughts: Highly Recommended
William Hill presents a rather friendly website that is easy-to-use for every player. Placing a bet on either of their platforms (desktop and mobile) is another easy process with everything straightforward. To further improve the betting experience, a section ‘How to Bet’ has been provided which explains to the players the various betting processes on different sports including Football, Basketball, Hockey, Racing events, and more. More to it, all betting types have been explained which goes ahead to help players while placing a bet.
Last update : January 2020